~ BUNNY BOARDING ~
(Please place boarding request as far in advance as possible due to limited space.)
MOHRS offers boarding on a limited basis due to space available. Boarding is normally done at our new shelter in Fenton, MO. We mostly utilize large (48") dog crates, but do have pens for a group of bunnies. Volunteers are experienced with rabbits. By boarding with us, the bunnies avoid being around barking dogs or in a location where rabbits aren't understood.
Rabbits are provided with a litter box, unlimited 3rd cut Small Pet Select hay, water bowls, pelleted food (we carry most good brands - but you will need to bring your own if it is something we do not carry), toys, greens, baby carrot, and limited treat. Most have a cardboard box for hiding, lounging and chewing.
- Bunnies may be dropped off on weekday evenings 7pm - 9pm before charges start, at no additional cost.
- No additional cost for administering provided medicine.
- Please note our hours open for members is as follows: weekdays 7pm - 9pm, Saturday 9am - 4pm, Sunday 1pm - 4pm. Occasionally arrangements can be made for a special time, but please try to work within the hours we have volunteers available at our front desk. We are closed on major holidays. Volunteers always arrive to care for all of the bunnies, but we do not have the front desk open for business.
- Rabbits must be spayed or neutered unless they are too young (under 4 months) and must have a current health exam within 4 months prior to boarding date.
- We also ask that you advise your veterinarian that your bunny will be boarding with us and that we have your permission to transport your rabbit to the veterinarian for treatment in case of an emergency. That way you can advise your veterinarian about any limits you have on cost and treatment. Every effort will be made to contact the owner, but we do not want any rabbit to go untreated during an emergency because the owner could not be reached. It is rare for emergencies to occur, but preparedness is the best policy.
- You must be a current member of MOHRS. This is a requirement of our permit. Membership is $25 per year and provides many benefits including boarding privileges. You can easily join MOHRS online by clicking HERE and choosing the "Membership" category.
Boarding Cost per Day
$12 (single bunny)
$14 (bonded pair same cage)
$16 (bonded trio same pen)
Please contact us for different boarding scenarios and any
To reserve boarding space,